Capitect provides a data feed integration with TD Ameritrade. The data feed allows Capitect to automatically process account data (balance, positions, and transactions) associated with an advisor's rep code on a daily basis.
Here are the steps to get started:
1. Account Data Access
- Provide Capitect rep code access by downloading the TDA form here (TDA ROI).
- Once the access is provided, Capitect will set up the data feed to automatically process daily account data and help with historical account data migration. Note: TD may limit how much data Capitect can pull and process (ie last 9 years of data).
2. Optional: Historical File Upload
- The advisor can upload and process archived data files.
- From VEO → Account Tools → File Downloads section, Capitect supports the 'TDA Institutional' file type
- Detailed steps to perform the upload and processing of archived data files.
3. Assigning Accounts
- To see account reporting (Net Worth, Performance, and Asset Allocation), the accounts first need to be assigned to a client/household.
- Detailed steps to assign accounts to a client/household
4. Download Statements and Tax Documents
- Capitect can automatically download client account statements/tax documents and make them available within each client's statement document folder.
- Steps to set up the automatic statement and tax document download:
- From Documents → Click 'Add +' → 'New Folder' to create 'Statements' and 'Tax Documents' folders.
- From Integrations → Data Sources → Select TD Ameritrade → Under 'Documents', set the respective folders from the folders created above in step 1 Note: Do not set the 'All Files' folder here because this will prevent the creation of other folders and files in Documents.